Saturday, February 6, 2010

Noah's Safari Cake

Mum Kristy pre-ordered Noah's 1st Birthday cake back in October for his Birthday in February. I was really looking forward to this one. A safari cake.


The only real request was that it matched his Invitations.


I am loving making figurines at the moment, so was quite excited at the thought of making a lion. Once he was made though, I thought he needed a couple of friends so set about making a zebra & giraffe to go with him.



















I kept the cake fairly simple, added some safari inspired leaves to the top and sides, and added the wording.































I also tried a new technique to smooth the sides of the cake, which I think worked quite well. my smoothest cake yet.

This was an 8" double layer vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.

Thanks for looking xx

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi, was wondering if you took orders at all? My son is having a safari birthday and i love the one you made. If could email me noahs_mummy11@hotmail.com that would be great. Thanks